Jeni called on Monday and said Jan was driving to St. Louis for business and she and the kids were going to ride along, would we want to come meet them. After debating it (god help us when I am trying to make a decision) because we are going to be traveling a lot in the next couple of weeks, the boys and I jumped on the opportunity to see our family. We threw our tired selves in the van Tuesday at 6:30 am and got in around 10:3o. Our 36 hours was jam packed with fun. First we went to The Magic House - St Louis' Children's Museum. Then we headed to the hotel where the kids took a nap, which was essential for recharging for the rest of our stay. When they woke up they swam in the hotel pool. We went to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. We all loved the all you can eat style and were sad that we didn't have big enough appetites to try all the foods. The mini ice cream cones were a favorite! We then headed downtown to the Arch. I have been to St. Louis many times but have never done this. I am so glad we did, even though I about threw up on the way up due to neurotic fear of heights and basically anything that is out of my control! Wednesday we spent the entire day at the St. Louis Zoo. Which we learned was voted the best US zoo this year. It was Sam's first time to a real zoo! Keegan was our navigator at the zoo. He held the map and told us where to go. All in all the kids had an amazing time and we were so happy to get to see Jan, Jeni, Jadyn and Christian! Like Jeni said it was like a week vacation packed into two days. Thanks guys for making the trip possible! We love you!


Waiting for the tram to go up in the arch- this is CRAZY!


Getting into the "pod"- looks like something straight out of Star Wars or Mork and Mindy.

At the top of the Arch


We are at the Zoo, if you couldn't figure it out!



The Chimps - 1, 2 and 3.

I LOVE this picture - boy figuring out monkey, monkey figuring out man.

Cute, Cute Cousins!







No comments:
Post a Comment