
Keegan is away tonight at his first sleepover that is not at a neighbor friends house. Josh drove him over and chatted with the Dad, who was Keegan's basketball coach, because Keegan was a little nervous about staying. Josh said within five minutes he and Mitchell were off playing and Keegan had already forgotten about him. Just like we know about Keegan, and had seen again at Drama camp, it doesn't take him too long to warm up. I can't believe he is this old, now it's sleepovers next thing we know it will be going to prom. I could hardly type that because it makes me realize how fast time goes.
Last week Keegan, Sam and I slept in the hotel bed together. The boys had me sandwiched in the middle. They fit just right. I laid there and just listened to their breathing, felt their chests rise and fall, noticed their soft skin and how warm they were, how their legs intertwined mine, how their heads smelled like a perfect mix of sweet shampoo and sweat. I couldn't have been any more comfortable next to my sweet little boys. I wanted to soak it all up as I know falling asleep with them is not something I'll always get to do.
Now is not forever, a quote from my sister Clara when I was on bed rest with Sam, a theme of one of our Christmas letters and something my cousin Jeni and I say we think about everyday as we raise these human beings. Now is not forever, helpful when your kids are whining after you have told them no because they want MORE ICE CREAM and so important to remember on the flipside when you want to enjoy the little moments like when they say MOM LETS 'NUGGLE or like how they make you light up every time they enter the room.






No comments:
Post a Comment