It has really hit me and Josh just how independent the boys are getting. Today Josh played some catch with them, otherwise we sat and talked with the adults while they went off and explored. I was reminded of that again yesterday as I cleaned out the basket in our living room that holds diapers and such things. I cleared out the two final pull ups and Desitin. Even though we haven't been using that stuff for about a year, I just had never done it, maybe because then it would be official that we don't have an infant or toddler in the house any longer.
We had a birthday party we could have gone to after the reunion, but Keegan said he was okay with not going, because he said, "We've been traveling a lot and now we're tired and need to go home." We were just fine with that, you've got to know your limits right?
As my dad would say the filtering light was nice so we took several snapshots of the boys. You will notice that Sam put his shirt back on inside out and backwards. I was going to switch it around but Josh said,"No just leave it, that is Sam." And if you've been around Sam you'll know that he does not have a problem with wearing his clothing inside out or backwards in fact he prefers it. To see all the pictures click here.
Here is the crew that attended. I could probably tell you 15 names. Keegan and Sam are in the front row towards the middle sitting at Great Grandpa Slaughter's feet. Josh and I are in the back right, second from the end.

Keegan being pushed by Sam on the tree swing.
Sam eating his second Mr. Freeze icy pop with Great Grandma.
The older generation all had icy pops too. It was the cutest darn thing. Just like kids, they were all so happy and content with their cold treat.
Uncle Mark getting Sammy.
There was this great tree with two arms for two boys to sit.








No comments:
Post a Comment