We are taking advantage of having some down time. Yesterday we went to Tomahawk Ridge pool. It was the first time this summer that we went to a city pool and not a subdivision pool. We stayed there five hours and could have stayed longer. It is a great pool. They have water slides and a sand area.
Keegan went down the big water slides all by himself, over and over and over again. And I forgot my camera! Today, besides staying in our
PJ's entirely too long, we used our colored sand that I picked up from the almighty $1 section at Target. Art projects are my favorite and I tend to build it up in my mind thinking that it is going to be this big ordeal and it isn't. We really enjoyed ourselves, just talking and creating. There were several learning opportunities that came about. The first one being, trying to problem solve how to overcome the wind. The boys worked together to find heavy things to hold their paper down. The second one being, practicing manners when asking to pass the sand. I advised they not get up to get the bowls of sand, risking knocking them over, rather ask each other for it. There were many please, thank-yous and your welcomes flying around. Sure to make any mom happy. So to not paint too rosy of a picture like I talked about in my previous post, I will also share that we had some problems squeezing too much glue and spilling virtually all the blue sand. But we recovered quickly. In my work with
Parents as Teachers we really stress focusing on the 'process and not the product' when doing art and the importance of parents and child having 'shared attention' on a task. Accomplished those two for today (wiping my brow)
! My work here is done! (Hope you can sense my sarcasm.)

No comments:
Post a Comment