

I want this blog to be as close to the real thing as possible. I don't want my kids to look back and think "Wow, our mom made parenting look so easy." She never had a bad day, never struggled over a decision, never had a headache, always kept a clean house, never struggled. It gets tricky because I don't want to portray that everything is always rosy or that I'm perfect and everything is smooth sailing. I don't want to be perfect nor do I really care to be around "perfect" people. Those who know me well may think "What, you don't want to be perfect?" I sure did spend a lot of time in my life thinking I needed to be perfect. Whatever that may be. It's really easy to paint that picture in a blog, filtering out whatever you want. I don't know if you do this, but I go through small periods where I think I've got everything figured out, my house is neat and organized, I don't procrastinate, I'm consistent in my parenting. Ahh, who am I kidding these are small windows of time, a lot of the time I'm a mess! But I am starting to realize that's OK. I don't have to have everything figured out but I am constantly evaluating and trying to grow and improve. I will say I do try to use this blog as a way to focus on positive things. It is a good place to reflect on all the good and be grateful for our day to day happenings. It is said by Oprah and The Secret and probably many others that simply showing gratitude can draw positive energy our way. I can censor pictures, like a pile of dirty laundry in the background or not taking pictures of my kids eating a brownie for breakfast. But, one thing that being in your thirties (You know I just turned 31, so I'm officially in my 30's) and having kids can do for you, as my favorite blogger Dooce says in her post here, you learn to just not give a s*^@ about what people think about you. So, I will try to be honest, with still being sensitive and positive. So here's a start, I'll start small, my kids didn't have one glass of milk or brush their teeth this weekend while we were in St. Louis. I told my friend and she said neither did her kids! And you know what, it will all be alright.






1 comment:
Molly, I admire your writing and being able to express your feelings and ideas. You know what I think about growing spiritually and seeking freedom from self "ego" is being honest to ourselves. Loved your entry, and love you.... MOM
Post a Comment