This afternoon I took the boys to the Pleasant Hill High School track and football field so I could jog some laps and the boys could get some energy out. Sam often asks when we are are on a car trip, "Can we stop and get some energy out?". Today did not fail to be a day that my little puppies (strikeout) boys needed to get some energy out. As the boys are long jumping, running on the track and doing somersaults on the mats, I am thinking to myself, why is this the first time I have brought them to this open area that is enclosed by a fence? It was really cute, as I was jogging the boys were sitting up in the bleachers chanting, "Go Mommy Go!". How is that for motivation? As we were leaving, all hot and sweaty and energy released, Keegan says "I wish we had a football field." and I respond, "As do I my son."
Sidenote: And yes if you haven't noticed from the picture, the Pleasant Hill mascots are the Roosters and the Chicks. Thus the reason we will be moving before the children enter middle school!






1 comment:
1. I love when Sam says he wants to get his energy out.
2. I'm so proud of you for running - we could run in DC and see all the monuments that way! I plan on doing that tomorrow.
3. They are so encouraging!
4. You really DO need to get out of there. Is the "chicks" part suppose to be for the little kids or the girls?
Post a Comment