Monday, June 16, 2008

975.3 - Call number for Juvenile books on Washington D.C.

Keegan and I are going to D.C.! It's official! We are going to visit Clara of course!Keegan is so excited. (Can you tell by the crazed look in his eyes?) We've been talking about it since May. I mentioned once that we may or may not get to go and he said, "I already told all my friends!" Well, in that case let me just buy those tickets immediately! Each time we are getting ready to go out of town he asks, "Are we going to Washington?". We went to the library today and Keegan checked out an armful of books about the landmarks in DC. Thought it would be a good idea for me to freshen up on my U.S. history and for Keegan to have some background knowledge. I know with his high activity level he may not absorb as much of the information when we are there in the moment. The nerdy teacher came out in me when I said to Keegan, "We can make a poster board to display everything you've learned." He agreed and was very enthusiastic about the idea! I think he will be able to read most of the books by himself and add them to his summer reading list. He asked me today after reading the level on the book he was reading, "Mom, what does proficient reader mean?" I replied, "If you can read that then you are a proficient reader!" Clara - we'll see you in just a few weeks! I've already woken up in the middle of the night with a nervous stomach about flying, I really need to get some drugs or something to calm me down! :)

No comments: