Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How old are you today, Sam?



I'M FOUR!




I know it sounds cliche but it does not seem like four years ago today that our little Sammy was born! I can remember the three months of bed rest plain as day! I sometimes think of my life as B.B. and A.B. (before bed rest and after bed rest). I am forever indebted to all the support and help that our friends and family provided during that time. I would do it again in a heartbeat to have the final result! (Woah, maybe I need to refresh my memory...lying on my side day after day, blood glucose level readings, painful c-section, being apart from Keegan and Josh...) Big brother Keegan paved the way so that Sam had the chance to go full term. One of my first questions when I woke up out of my morphene state after the c-section was how much he weighed, Josh said 8lbs 2 oz. I about passed out again. Keegan-2lbs 10 oz. to Sam- 8 lbs. 2 oz!



I remember thinking a couple of weeks before Sam was born, this overwhelming since of guilt because Keegan wasn't going to be the center of our world anymore, we were bringing another baby into our family. Like my mom told me it is so natural and it was. Sam just fit into our family and the amount of love you have for one just pours out into loving two! Keegan started calling him "Silly Sammy" to try to get him to stop crying when he was just a day old as we were pushing his crib around the Mother/Baby unit. That nickname couldn't be more fitting. Happy Birthday Sambo! We love you so much!











1 comment:

Clara Hogan said...

These pictures are so cute! I need you to have another baby. I NEED YOU TO. SOON. HURRY.