Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rain, Rain go away come again another day...

I know many parts of the country have been getting massive amounts of rain. It rained an obscene amount last night. I woke several times to the sound of thunder and hail. I think it down poured for at least 5 hours. Fortunately, I haven't seen any signs of flooding in our area. We awoke to blue skies, puffy white clouds and the sun shining. My friend Melissa called, who I use to teach with at Morse, and invited us to swim in her neighborhood pool. When we got to the pool we found it was full of worms! Thousands of worms piled in mounds at the bottom of the pool! Lauren (Melissa's 9 year old) and the boys were entertained by thinking of ways to get the worms out. They used the net and Keegan thought we should just get some birds to go in there and eat them. Finally, the pool maintenance guy came and got a majority of them out of the pool. Keegan has known Lauren since he was born. Now that we live in Pleasant Hill we only get to see them every few months. It is neat to see how they understand each other and play like time has never lapsed. Good friends are like that!! Lauren is good with Sam too, she treats him like a little brother. I also notice how much older and mature Keegan has gotten, when we are around friends we don't see all the time, who have known my kids when they were smaller. Anyway, I took a picture of the boys watching the storm roll in last night. I love seeing their excitement and curiosity. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the worms! It looked like a scene right out of horror film! Hope there aren't any nightmares tonight!

No comments: