Thursday, June 12, 2008

Deceptively delicious? or Deceptively just alright?

Have you read, seen or heard of the cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) titled, Deceptively Delicious? It contains "mouthwatering" recipes that are packed with unseen, pureed veggies. The book is very aesthetically pleasing with color photographs and organized so that the pureeing and planning are very simple. Jeni and I both saw it featured on Oprah and immediately started pureeing like mad women. We thought what a godsend! Get our kids to eat veggies in their favorite meals like mac and cheese, pizza, french toast etc. Although my kids are pretty good at eating some veggies and fruits we all couldn't hurt from eating a variety, squash, beets, spinach etc. The recipes also call for more natural ingredients like whole wheat flour. I had many frozen purees left and decided to try "spinach brownies". Yes Spinach brownies! Here they are:



I'll be honest they DO NOT taste like Duncan Hines fudgy brownies. Just don't tell people they are brownies. They were more like cake/bread with a little bit of a chocolate flavor. Sam gobbled them up and was a little bit runny the next morning if you know what I mean! Hey for 133 calories a brownie, low sat fat and 3 g of fiber, I'll go for these every now and then! If you want the recipe let me know!

No comments: