Well the spillway has spilled. I feel so bad for the people in Iowa City, Coralville, CR area. My parents house is fine but they know many that are being affected and there are many secondary affects like drinking water and not being able to drive anywhere. I have been up watching the thunderstorm at our house, watching CNN and looking at photos on the Internet of the floods in Eastern Iowa. It's overwhelming to see all these familiar places under water. Praying that the rain stops is the only hope at this point. With all this wildness, I just want to swoop up my boys and keep them safe forever. Imitating Josh's usual routine, I went in to both of their rooms tonight to give them an extra kiss and pull up their covers just right as they were sleeping peacefully. I love those little beings so much it hurts, My cup runneth over.Thursday, June 12, 2008
The spillway runneth over...
Well the spillway has spilled. I feel so bad for the people in Iowa City, Coralville, CR area. My parents house is fine but they know many that are being affected and there are many secondary affects like drinking water and not being able to drive anywhere. I have been up watching the thunderstorm at our house, watching CNN and looking at photos on the Internet of the floods in Eastern Iowa. It's overwhelming to see all these familiar places under water. Praying that the rain stops is the only hope at this point. With all this wildness, I just want to swoop up my boys and keep them safe forever. Imitating Josh's usual routine, I went in to both of their rooms tonight to give them an extra kiss and pull up their covers just right as they were sleeping peacefully. I love those little beings so much it hurts, My cup runneth over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment