I went to a training last week for work and we talked about literacy in the early years of childhood. Here are two examples of how the boys are exploring literacy. Sam experimenting with letters and Keegan using writing as a way to express himself. Keegan brought this poem home the last week of school. He had some sentence starters to get him going. Sam is always wanting to do his "homework" with Keegan and here is an example of something I found that he had been working on. It is my wish that Keegan keeps such a positive self concept and keeps wondering about life! I continue to be astounded by the rate at which children learn. There are just three years between them and look at how much they have each learned about reading and writing in their short lives. And I must say that Sam gets less/hardly any formal instruction - it's just an innate quality that kids have - to learn and soak up new ideas! I'm a proud mama!
I Am
By Keegan Slaughter
I am a fun kid.
I wonder about stuff.
I hear the birds cheeping.
I see in the future.
I am a fantastic boy.
I pretend I’m a Pokemon.
I feel this.
I touch stuff.
I worry about God.
I cry when people die.
I am a loving boy.
I understand problems.
I say to god “we like pees” (peace)
I dream I could be a scientist.
I try my best.
I am a peesful boy. (peaceful)
By Keegan Slaughter
I am a fun kid.
I wonder about stuff.
I hear the birds cheeping.
I see in the future.
I am a fantastic boy.
I pretend I’m a Pokemon.
I feel this.
I touch stuff.
I worry about God.
I cry when people die.
I am a loving boy.
I understand problems.
I say to god “we like pees” (peace)
I dream I could be a scientist.
I try my best.
I am a peesful boy. (peaceful)






1 comment:
DID SAM DO THAT WRITING!!??? WAY TO GO SAM!!! LOVING YOU GUYS, MIMI...
Post a Comment