Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No Boys = Quiet and...Boring House

So we are all ready for school....just need the kids! I have had back to school meetings and time to prep for the school year at work...so Grandma Yvonne and Papa Skip have the boys in Ames for the rest of the week. This is the first time we've done this. Let me tell you...what a blessing. To be able to go to work without having to wake up the boys, being able to stay late and get my work done and to not pay for daycare for 2! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa! The boys were soooo excited to go. They have been swimming and to the golf course already. Talked to each of them today. Sam chatted for a little bit and then hung up the phone, he likes to do that. Keegan informed us that he bit down in his fork and now has his first loose tooth! Hopefully it will wait to fall out until we come up this weekend to visit and bring the boys back. It is too weird without them here. I haven't really done anything differently. I had to set my alarm this morning since my human alarm clocks weren't here, and I worked leisurely at my office until 5:30 (unheard of!). Josh and I had an uninterrupted conversation while we ate Tuna sandwiches (no need to cook much for the two of us) for dinner. And I didn't tell him once that he needed to stay seated while he ate, wipe his face on his napkin or be careful not to spill. It is frighteningly quiet...0h the TV just turned channels because the DVR was set to record one of Sam and Keegan's favorite cartoons. Now that feels more familiar.

No comments: