Thursday, August 7, 2008

Do you know who Darth Maul or Padame are?

OOH, OOH! I DO! I DO! They are Star Wars characters of course. Star Wars has been a slight obsession in our home for the last couple of years. We have 7000 figurines, light sabers, ships, t-shirts, lunchboxes, movies and Halloween costumes. Just when I thought we had consumed every Star Wars toy, Wal-Mart comes out with an all new line. Which the boys have not seen yet and I rushed them by the display yesterday at Wal-Mart, while we were there buying school supplies. I tried not to give into the cartoon consumerism when they were little and now as I just typed that, I see I have. Josh and I were talking about how Sam passed over The Wiggles and Thomas the Train and went right to 'light saber' battles. Evidence of being the second born. I'll be honest kind of glad he skipped the The Wiggles stage. He did like Mickey Mouse but that was a fleeting love. I know kids and adults have been infatuated with Star Wars for 3o years. Even me. Mom remember my R2-D2 and C3P0 Underoos? Those would probably be worth some money now. Still have them?


Yesterday Sam created this 'Star Wars Convention' (see picture below) while Keegan played 'Lego Star Wars' on the PlayStation. I wouldn't even know how to play Barbies anymore, I am very use to being the voice over for Luke Skywalker and Rtude (as Keegan and Sam say R2). And I rather like it this way. Don't have to worry about tainted body images and loosing minuscule high heels.


Here they are last fall at a Star Wars 30th Anniversary celebration at the library.

No comments: