Saturday, January 10, 2009

Here we go again! :)

So as you know I am housed here at Le Chateau Overland Park Regionale Hopital for the next month or so. They have remodled since I was here five years ago and they have room service style food service which is great. Thought I should blog to help pass the time and keep track of the progress, hopefully there is no progress! As we have said, we are not surprised by our fate. Like clockwork my body started changing at 24 weeks. I keep thinking about how I am not sick, the baby is not sick, we are all just inconvenienced for an extended amount of time. The doctor was just in and said just because I have a "short cervix" doesn't mean that I will have an early baby but we need to take precautions...Keegan and Sam have paved the way to let us know how my body reacts! Best case scenario I will be home on bed rest at 28 weeks which would be end of Jan/beg of Feb. Thank god for Josh, our mothers, friends, neighbors and other family who are going to once again help us get through this. Yvonne is taking over duties right now, we are soooo grateful she is able and willing to be here. Thank you!

Josh does amazing in these situations, he takes charge and immediately composes himself. I told him that most moms would be freaking out if "dad" was in charge of the kids for a couple of months but I have no qualms about it. Okay I may need to clip the kids nails or remind them to have a vegetable now and then but in the big picture it doesn't matter. I wont lie it isnt easy to give up care of your children...but they are in the best of hands.

The boys of course have been so sweet and cute. Sam has lots of questions for me. Things like, "How many weekends will you be there?" "Do you eat breakfast there?" "What are you doing now?" As I am away from them I am able to have a different perspective and really see their caring side shine through and they seem so mature. (I mean Keegan was still in the diapers the last time this all happened- and he remembers details from that time!) Josh says that Keegan has been looking out for Sam, like when they were sitting in the chair together at home and he covered him up with his blanket.
Keegan left a message for me yesterday that said he had a good day at school and sorry if I was sleeping he didn't want to wake me up. When they came up to visit a few days ago I asked him if he brought his homework up and he said sincerely, "No I want to spend time with you." And then crawled into bed and hugged me very tight."

I am excited to have another little one to love so much (but we can wait the entirety of the pregnancy). Before I had Sam I worried about Keegan not being the center of our world and sharing love with another, but with the third I know that it is possible to have have so much love for all of them and how gratifying it is to see them bonding together. What is the saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder"? So I will do everything I can to remember these feelings I am having now when I am back home with three in a few months and chaos has taken over our house! All for now. Thank you to everyone!

No comments: