Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A lesson on the difference between the X and the Y chromosome.

No I am not announcing the gender of our baby. Sorry to all that want to know but we will be keeping that a secret even to ourselves until the "birth" day!

We had the privilege of having our friend Olivia spend Saturday and Sunday with us while her parents went to a wedding. It was a delight. I had a little taste of the difference between girls and boys. Let me demonstrate (yes I realize I am being very general and stereotypical):



We went to Bass Pro Shop where they were having some Halloween activities.



Girl: A little more hesitant of the witch.
Boy: Talks to witch, asks how she put on her make-up.



Girl: Interested in free "laser gun" arcade to watch the cute raccoon jump out of his tree trunk when you hit the blinking target.


Boy: Could spend all day at the free "laser gun" hunting arcade to perfect his shot.


(It really wasn't too violent, the kind like at a theme park.)



Girl: Spent 30 minutes painting her mask pink and purple while chatting with me and being careful not to get out of the lines.


Boy: Slap some paint on there and call it a lion mask, then back to the hunting arcade.Girl: Cautious of climbing up the rock wall, asking for guidance up and down the first few times. Mastering it on her own being sure to not fall.



Boy: Run, climb, jump- No Fear!
Exhibit A:
Exhibit B:

At the end of the day after the boys fell asleep, because they had run themselves ragged, Livi and I had some girl time playing board games and painting our nails.

Okay now just for some pictures. And the moral of the story...

Girl: Cute, Fun, does what comes naturally to her

Boy: Cute, Fun, does what comes naturally to him









We also went to Great G and G Slaughter's house. Where there is always fun to be had.

See the deer in the background, Sam was actually able to walk very close to him before he ran off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE FUN FOR ALL.
I like your syopsis - fun, cute and pure/natural.
thanks for sharing!

Jan said...

and so true! :)