Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's new with Silly Sammy?

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy!


He just started soccer. His first organized sport. Last night we went for soccer pictures, just Sam and I went. I love spending any time with the boys one-on-one, or with out the other I should say. I see a different Sam when he is not following his big brother around. We had to wait quite awhile for his team to get their pictures. Most of the boys were having a hard time controlling their energy (more like our older son). Sam stood patiently while still having fun with his buddies. It felt so different not to be the mom saying, "settle down" or "If you don't stop..."

Sam is his own little being.



Josh and I are really trying to give him experiences that are unique to him and we want to let him find his personal strengths. We battle with him taking Keegan's things- clothes and toys especially. He really looks up to Keegan. We talked last night about what he can do before he takes something of Keegan's. He gets a "suspicious" face right before or after swiping something...so we talked about that feeling, that voice or little tap that tells you what you are doing isn't right. I told him he can come to me or Dad and tell us about this feeling and we will help him make the right choice.





Sam has also learned a lot at school. His teachers just love him - how could they not?! He can write his first and last name very well. Write all his letters and numbers up to 10 and sometimes higher. He can count to one hundred with some help. He knows almost all the sounds of the letters and recognizes several high frequency words. I took him for his Kindergarten screening on Monday and all of his results were "above average". Not to mention he separated from me with no qualms. I think we made a good choice in giving him this extra year to blossom. I'm now excited for him to go to Kindergarten. Although I really love our time together on Monday and Wednesday mornings and Fridays. And he is always helping me with Sophia and making her laugh!




These three kids keep us on our toes and thoroughly exhausted at the end of the day - well all day - but they also keep us happier than I could ever know!

No comments: