Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sam: Our Artiste!

Sam is our artsy creative guy. He came home today with his "grade" card and his journal from this past quarter. The students draw in their daily journal and add their own inventive spelling and letters to their story. Then the students dictate to the teacher about their drawing. The teachers wirte down word for word what the student says - grammatcial errors and all. I love love love to see Sam's inventive spelling. A very important part learning to write and read and I love reading his stories that are straight from his mouth! I took some pictures of his drawings and have included the words to his story under the picture.


"This is the stadium of the Patriots. The one guy got hurt so he has to sit on the grey part."




"This is a submarine. It was parked and the good guy got out and the bad guy blowed up the sub and it was over."


"The town grew up real quick. An earthquake came! Some one went on top of the building and fell off."



"We built a snowman in the bathtub. Then Santa came down the chimmey and he saw the tree and the boxes and then he went to Grandma and Granpa's."
(We did talk about building a snowman in the bathtub. Sam told me that the circles on the left are the snowman. and the three black figures on the right are beds.)


AND THE BEST ONE FOR LAST:

"This book is for my Clara and her is in Europe and I am going to give this book to her when I get finished."



Here is his name:




His teachers comments on his grade card:

Sam is an excellent student and a great example to his classmates. His journal entries are lovely and we are impressed with his creativity.

No comments: