Keegan had his ninth birthday just a couple of weeks ago and I have been behind on blogging- what's new. He had many celebrations. The first was with his Mimi. She came down for the weekend to celebrate. The highlight was Chuck E. Cheese. Lots of tokens, pizza and germs were shared! HaHa! We had a great time together. I don't think you are ever too old for Chuck E. Cheese. My mom and I giggled thinking back to his first birthday. Mom, Clara and I took him to Chuck E. Cheese because we were so excited to do all those fun "kid things" with him. Thanks mom for coming and making it special.

His real day was a day completely centered around him of course! Josh took the day off and drove him to school. Then we all went to his school to have lunch (his choice: Subway) and share cookies with his class. It was an early dismissal day so we brought two of his best buddies home with us where they opened presents and played football. Then we went to Waldo's Pizza to eat and have cake. Then to see the movie, The Lightening Thief. It was jampacked fun. Sam was such a sweet brother. He was excited for Keegan the whole time. He had fun participating in making his birthday special.
The weekend after we then had pizza, cake and ice cream with the Slaughters and spent special time at Great Grandma and Grandpa's. And this past weekend Yvonne and Skip came down for another fun-filled weekend. They took the boys to the Iowa State basketball game, brought us all to Red Lobster (where they sang Happy bday to Keegs) and took Keegan to get his own brand new bat and glove for his upcoming baseball season! These kids have som amny people that love them! I will have to get some pictures from them and Stan of these celebrations. I forgot my camera :(
Whew it was a whirlwind of fun and through all of it we notice how grown up Keegan is getting. Our sweet little 2lb 10 oz baby is a wonderfully thoughtful, funny, smart young man who is un to be around!
Just to do a little more momma bragging....Keegan just got his third quarter grade card and this is his third quarter of having all A's! I know its just third grade and if the grades were lower it would be fine too but sure does make us proud!
Keegan has learned so much this season in basketball. He really is moving around the court, passing, making shots and learning plays. He is the official out of bounds passer in guy on his team (that's what its called, right?). He is smart and finds the guy that's open. His undefeated team has a tournament game tomorrow night. You know who is almost as fun as Keegan to watch during this whole process? Josh! He couldn't be more proud. He gets complete fulfillment teaching and playing with his boys!
So in a nutshell, I would say Keeg-o-man is doing well!
Please stop me because I think I am turning into that parent that puts a bumper sticker on their car that says "My child is on the honor roll at ________ Jr. High". (Gag)
Back to "reality" blogging soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment