It seems all of our children are
resistant to the
sippy cup. As both
Keegan and Sam neared 12 months I would think how am I going to take the bottle away when they wont drink from a cup, and then it would just happen....right before we were going to end the bottle they would figure it out. It seems to be that way with most transitions. We wonder: how will they ever learn to go potty on the toilet, how will they function when they give up naps, how will they ever learn to write their name...etc. I will also note that I understand the benefits for oral motor development that comes from drinking from an open cup with out a lid. She can do that and really likes too. She thinks it is very silly and she grins so big to show how proud she is of herself.
That's what is really enjoyable this third time around. I know she WILL GET IT. Whatever it is. And I have a feeling things (at least some) are going to come really easily to her. She amazes me at her ability to imitate already. When I comb my hair she will pretend to, she will pretend to drink from a little play cup, we pretend to smell the flowers in her room every night and she is very into waving right now. She waves to me when I go to get her in the morning in her crib, she waves to her brothers, daddy and strangers anywhere we go. I will try to post a video soon. Its very sweet.
Here she is with her "Sophia" cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment