Yesterday Sam and I went together on his school field trip to see The Nutcracker by a community theater. I was so impressed by how he knew the story and followed along to a story told with music and dancing. They had read the book at school apparently and he would tell me "There's Clara." or Now she's dreaming." The show was about an hour and a half and he only got a little ancey towards the end. He asked me if he could do that, referring to the dancers. Sure I said! I hadn't been to The Nutcracker since I was a little girl so it was fun being with Sam to see it as an adult. Keegan informed us that they watched a movie of The Nutcracker at school so he was able to share in our conversation after the show. I love when they have cultural experiences, it makes me oh so happy-theater, music, travel, people of different cultures. I was so lucky to be able to attend so many shows at Hancher when I was a kid and I would like them to be able to do things like that too.
Sam waiting for the Ballet to begin.
Wearing his "TV" glasses (3-D glasses that we got when we went to see Bolt in 3-D)






No comments:
Post a Comment