It happens when I take a deep breath, exhale and take time to pause and look around at all that surrounds me. It happened tonight, we had an impromptu McDonald's picnic at a school playground. Josh met us after work, the sun was setting, it was the perfect temperature, the boys were playing tag, Sophie eating and smiling in her stroller. Sam runs as fast as he can carry himself to Josh and yells, "Daddy!" with open arms. Keegan then yells "Mommy, Daddy, look at me!" I loved seeing Josh and Sam reunite after a long day and Keegan call us Mommy and Daddy. I treasure that he can get our attention in the same sentence as many children whose parents are not married can not. Sophia waves to Josh and smiles and laughs at the boys. Then as its time for me to leave to work, the boys call out "See ya Mom. Love ya." We were all together. All happy.
I looked at these four people and thought how did we get here, how did we make all this, how did I get so blessed.
I hope I can remember this tomorrow as the boys are arguing over which seat they get in the car. Or when one of the dogs pees on the carpet. Or when orange juice spills.
I think I need to carry a picture around to remind me of these perfect moments.







3 comments:
I teared up a little at this one! Great writing - love you :)
was that a Clara comment? woah... I agree. It is such a gift that you take the moment to really take it all in. The big picture. You are very blessed and appreciate it. Double good.
This is so great :) and I LOVE the quotes on the side...absolutely hilarious!
Post a Comment