Tuesday, February 2, 2010

queen of procrastination

I can even procrastinate on my New Year's resolution...which was to make blogging a regular practice again and yes its now February and if you look back at my last blog post (dated June 22, 2009) I said I was going to write a letter to Sophia every month. Okay so a lesson for my kids...your mom is not perfect. I know, I know, I've had everyone fooled! LOL! But your mother does always have good intentions and I'm good at setting goals, right?! You know the saying, "My eyes are bigger than my stomach"? Well, my ideas are sometimes bigger than my actions. But here I go.

My cousin started a blog called "The Year of Living Imperfectly" -there is a bigger picture to her title but one meaning is that she is going to blog everyday even if the post isn't perfect. I completely related to her idea of how we put things off because we fear they aren't going to be done perfectly. That is the story of my life!


So here it goes, imperfections and all. To my children; I will try to teach you that you don't have to be perfect, nor do I want you to be...we love you just the way you are!! On that note, the boys love to watch the movie, "Cheaper by the Dozen" (over and over again). There is one part where the snooty neighbor mom says to her son that they decided to only have one child because they wanted just one perfect child. After that statement, Keegan always says, "There's no such thing as perfect."


__________________________________
Today is another busy day in the Slaughter household. Sophia is getting so big. She is in her exer-saucer now grinning at me and wrinkling up her nose while feeding herself Gerber puffs, using a dainty little pincer grasp. I now have to put her in a "container" if I want her to stay put or not pound away at my keyboard while I am on the computer. Oh and now she is pooping. She does this A LOT lately! Guess its all the new foods shes been trying. I feel like that's all I do is change dirty diapers. Girls potty train early, right? :)

Keegan is in the neighborhood field, behind his friend's house, where I have heard they have built forts and a little community where each person sells things. He's in charge of selling, "You know stuff for your house". Another boy is in charge of selling weapons and another in charge of selling sporting goods. You know all the necessities.



Sam is playing with his buddy that he's gotten pretty tight with. It's Melissa's son, our friend/neighbor who takes care of Sophie and Sam on the days I work. It works out so well because they live two doors away, he is about 8 months younger than Sam and they are just a great family. Now Sam doesn't have to tag along with Keegan and the older boys.



Josh has been working an insane amount of overtime, for which he gets paid on a temporary basis. I am grateful for his work ethic and unwavering commitment to provide for our family. That boy is determined when he sets his mind to something!


As for me, I am debating whether or not to go to a trial Zumba class. It's not the class over which I am debating because I love Zumba (get a workout while having fun and not even having time to think about the fact that you are exercising) but rather do I pack up three children and their things, drive 20 minutes, bring them to the daycare for the first time and then have Josh pick them up from there after he has worked a 12 hour day. Oh these are the choices we make as mom of three. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I'm just saying....
These are the circumstances that get in the way of moms making time for themselves, or parents for that matter. I will give it a whirl, whats the worst that could happen???



Here's a recent picture just for an update:

1 comment:

Clara Hogan said...

I'm so happy about this post! I love hearing about all the little things these guys are doing while I'm away. I'm glad Sam has his own friends now and that Keegan is learning what a society is built upon... haha. Keep this up and make me happy!!!

Your sis