Monday, February 2, 2009

My big break....

out of this place! On Saturday I got permission to go for a wheelchair ride outside! I imagined how it would feel to get out of jail after twenty years. It has been four weeks since I had gotten a breath of fresh air. And what a day for it! It was in the mid fifties! It was so nice to see the boys running around. There is a trail behind the hospital that backs up to a neighborhood with big tall oak trees and wide open space and creek. It looked serene---parts were frosty with ice. Josh pushed me maybe a mile (both ways) and when we got around a bend in the trail we came to a playground! It felt like spring--but I know we have awhile. It can just wait till baby and I are released from here!
Playing spy I think behind the tree.Cool pic of the tree taken by Josh.This picture looks depressing but it wasn't- it was wonderful.Rubbing the budda!
Throwing sticks in the creek. Notice Sam's t-shirt- it is my Obama inauguration shirt- that is way too small for my pregnant belly so he has taken it as his own.
Keegan and Sam going down the slide...they only wanted to go down once. They preferred to run on the trail.
Mom took this picture of the four of us in the room before our big trip! Thanks for going to get us lunch while we were gone Mom.

No comments: