Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Late Anniversary Post

This year marked 9 years of Josh and I being married and 14 years of being together. I think about how lucky I am to have him as the biggest part of my life. I think about people when they get married and how young they are...How can they know all the variables that are coming their way? Do they realize how essential it is to pick the right person? Are they willing to put in the work and selflessness marriage involves? Do they have any clue what a rewarding and amazing ride they are in for? And all these questions lead me to feel overwhelming gratitude for Josh. I often think about how I made the best decision on June 8th, 2002. Actually, we made the best decision in 1997 when we started "dating" and never looked back.





I made the best decision to spend forever with him:






And create this family with him:










How could I know all those years ago that he would always be so quick to apologize...even when things are mostly my fault? How could I know that he would get to know me almost better than I know myself and that he could build me up and love me the way he does? How could I know that he would be such an amazing father to our children and that his heart is the best I know? How could I know that he would stick with me even through the tough times? That he would put up with all my quirkiness and that we would grow together like tree-branches intertwine?




I guess I couldn't know it back then, but I sure felt it.




No comments: